Renting Your Property



Our Services

If you are looking to rent out your property Webbs can offer you one of two services:


Includes     Full Management        Finders Fee Only
Find a Tennant Y           Y
References Y
Credit Checks Y
Lodge Deposit Y
Arrange Gas Safety Y           Y
Rent Collection Y
Management of property  Y
Annual Inspection Y
 EPC Y           Y


Finding a Suitable Tenant

  • We have a data base of clients waiting for property to become available.
  • We advertise on several property web sites including our own.
  • Your property details will be displayed in our window.

Once you have accepted a tenant, if they are in employment we will

  • Write to the persons employers and previous landlord for references.
  • Ask to see the last six months bank statements.
  • We will carry out a credit check and make sure that they have no CCJ's.


Lodging the Deposit

All private landlords and letting agents taking deposits for assured shorthold tenancies (ASTs) in England and Wales are required to safeguard them with a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme.

Webbs Estate Agents will lodge the deposit with the DPS and the details will be held with us until the tenant vacates the property. Should there be any disputes as to how much should be repaid to the tenant the DPS will investigate.


Landlords Rent Guarentee Insurance

To insure that you recive your monthly rent payment from your tenant you may like to take out a rent gurentee insurance.

Webbs are an Agent for Rent4Sure and the policy can be taken out instantly as long as the tenant passes a credit check and and their affordability can be verified. therefor the tenant must be in full time employment.

The cover will ensure that should your tenant default on the payment for whatever the reason, Rent4Sure will pay the rent and then they will chase the tenant for the money. Contact Us for more information.


Gas Safety Checks

As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords' duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.

If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:

Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.

Webbs will require a copy of the gas safety certificate to keep on file and we will notify you a week before the certificate expires.

All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Contact Us for more information.


EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)

An Energy Performance Certificate is required for properties when constructed, sold or let.

The Energy Performance Certificate provides details on the energy performance of the property and what you can do to improve it.

Webbs can organise for our EPC inspector to carry out the inspection and provide the certificate. Contact Us for more information.


Webbs Estate Agents Office
Webbs Estate Agents (Croydon) Ltd

8 Forestdale Centre
Featherbed Lane


020 8768 3600